Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

It's been a busy weekend! Friday night I went to Beth's apartment and spent some time with her. Andy ended up staying the night there. When I got home, I went right to bed. I was exhausted after the busy week I had.

On Saturday I did a lot of running around getting everything I would need for the cookout on Memorial Day. Then Beth and Ethan came over and Beth ate dinner here. I did a lot of housework since I knew that I would be watching Ethan on Sunday.

Sunday afternoon, Beth brought Ethan over for me to watch while she was at work. We had fun playing, and Ethan did a lot of smiling. My Mom, Grandma, Ethan and I took a ride out to the cemetary to visit my Grandpa's grave. Ethan fell asleep on the way home from the cemetary. Beth came to pick Ethan up and go home, but my Dad had brought over some chicken over, so she stayed and had some for dinner. After Beth took Ethan home, I began the task of making potato salad . . . 10 pounds! I made so much because I knew three people would be taking some home. When I finished the potato salad, I laid down to rest and watch some tv. That's all it took, I fell asleep for the night.

Monday morning I made some cupcakes for dessert and then made homemade macaroni & cheese. My Mom, Dad, Grandma, Beth and Ethan came to have dinner with Andy and me. I grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. Everyone was full at the end of our meal. After everyone left, Andy went into his room and played video games and I relaxed and watched tv. Too bad I broke part of my tooth off while I was eating some popcorn. One of those unpopped kernels was hiding in the fully popped corn. At least it didn't really hurt. Guess I'll be making a trip to the dentist tomorrow. At least I'll be able to leave work early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They are very inspiring and appreciated!