Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Banner Wishes Birthday Card

Today is my Mom's birthday, and here is the card I made for her.



I cut my white layers for the front of the card and then placed the small layer of white centered on the larger layer of white. I then used the Close To My Heart A Flowering Bunch stamp set (this was the June 2013 Stamp of the Month) and first stamped the flower in Close To My Heart Cotton Candy Exclusive Ink over both layers and some off the edge if the card. I then stamped the flower again in the same manner using Close To My Heart's Gypsy Exclusive Ink. I cut a purple mat for each of the white layers and adhered them. I used pop dots to adhere the smaller layer to the bottom layer. I then used the Gypsy ink to stamp the banner using Close To My Heart's Banner Wishes stamp set (item # B1438) and I stamped Happy Birthday from the same stamp set in Cotton Candy. I added some gems to the banner. I also used pop dots on the banner. On the inside of the card, I stamped the flowers used on the front of the card - once in Cotton Candy and once in Gypsy. I used the Close To My Heart Card Chatter - Birthday stamp set to stamp the sentiment in Gypsy. This stamp set is no longer available, but there are other Close To My Heart stamp sets that could be used.

Here is a view of the front of the card where you can see the layers popped.


I hope you like my card, and if you would like to purchase any Close To My Heart products, please visit my website at http://brendahalstead.ctmh.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They are very inspiring and appreciated!