My daughter's birthday was yesterday, but we are celebrating this evening because she went to Cedar Point yesterday. I made this quick card using the new Cricut Circle cartridge Sophie.
Front of card
Inside of card
I used the Card 4 feature on page 48 of the handbook and cut it at 5.75". All cardstock used is Bazzill. On the front of the card, the Happy Birthday ribbon is Martha Stewart Message Ribbon, the "pearls" in the middle of the flowers are Martha Stewart and the butterfly is K & Company Tim Coffey Grand Adhesions. On the inside of the card, I adhered the flowers cut from the base of the card and used my i-roc to adhere "pearls" to the small flowers and used another Marthe Stewart "pearl" for the big flower. The sentiment and cake are Stampin' Up! stamps and I used green Stampabilities pigment ink.
Welcome to the Fall Blog Hop! You should have arrived from the very talented Lavendergal. If you've just happened to stop by my blog, please check out each of the blogs of the talented ladies who are participating in this blog hop. To start at the beginning of the hop, please visit Kristen.
For my project, I have made this Thanksgiving card.
Outside of Card
Inside of Card
I used my Cricut Expression 2 Anniversary Edition and Gypsy to make the cuts. The base of the card is from a pack of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock I have in my stash, all other cardstock is Bazzill. The patterned paper backgrounds on the outside and inside are from the Creative Memories Primary Autumn Additions Power Palette. The sentiment is from the Holiday Headlines Wood Stamps set by The Paper Studio.
The turkey was cut from the Simply Charmed Cricut cartridge at a height of 4 1/2 inches. Here is a picture of my Gypsy screen, as well as the paper placed on the mat. (Please disregard the "Happy Thankgiving" on the Gypsy screen and long strip of orange cardstock on the mat. It was cut at a height of 3", but was too long to fit my card so I didn't use it for this project.)
I used Elegant Edges for the background on the outside and inside of the card. I used the Oblong feature and cut it at a height of 6.75 inches. I also used Hide & Contour so the bird would not cut. Here is a picture of my Gypsy screen and the paper placed on the mat.
Now on to some blog candy! Even though this is a Fall Blog Hop, I have a Summer mini album chipboard kit to give away. All you have to do to be eligible to win is to leave a comment on this post with a way to contact you. I'd love for you to become a follower if you aren't already, but it isn't necessary to win. I will use random.org to draw the winner around 7:00 pm EST Sunday (8/28) night. Here is a picture of the blog candy.
For the Circle Monthly Challenge, I created the following 2 page layout.
Here is page 1.
Here is page 2.
The cardstock used for the background is from The Paper Loft's Halloween Distressed Cardstock Scary line - Hocus Pocus. All other cardstock is Bazzill that I've had in my stash. All of the cuts are from the Happy Hauntings Cricut cartridge, and I used my E2 and Gypsy to make them.
For the title, I used the Phrase function for Halloween (the phrase was actually Happy Halloween, but I used Hide & Contour to hide Happy) and cut it at a height of 2 inches, and used the Vampire Font function to cut 2003 at a height of 3/4 of an inch. I didn't take a picture of my screen or mat with the paper laid out for this.
The Witch was cut at a height of 3 inches and the Bat was cut at a height of 1 3/4 inches. Here is a picture of my Gypsy screen and mat with the paper laid out on it.
The Haunted House was cut at a height of 6 inches. Here are the picture of my Gypsy screen and mat.
The Ghosts were cut at a height of 2 inches. Here are pictures of how the cuts were laid out on my Gypsy and mat.
The Spooky Tree was cut at a height of 6 inches, and here are pictures of my Gypsy screen and mat.
The Vampire and Skeleton were both cut at a height of 3 inches. Here are the screen and mat pictures.
Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein were cut at a height of 3 inches, and here are the pics of the screen and mat.
The Mummy was cut at a height of 3 inches and the Cat was cut at a height of 1 3/4 inches. Here are the screen and mat pics.
This was a fun layout to make, even though it took me about 5 1/2 hours to complete. The little pieces were hard to work with, especially all the little bones of the Skeleton! At least I was able to get a layout done of one of my son's elemetary school parties.
I'm so excited that I completed and posted my first Design Team project over at Imagine, Create, Share! The blog launched on Monday, so I hope you'll take the time to visit and check out my project, which is a Halloween card.
I'm very excited to be a Design Team Member for a new blog - Imagine, Create, Share! The blog launched today, so you should come and check it out. I had to work late today, but plan to made a project for today's challenge and post it.
Also, I'm the designer assigned to this Wednesday's project. I hope you stop by and check it out.
Things got really busy after my last post, but it is finally starting to quiet down. I'm in the process of designing a layout and will be getting all my cuts laid out on my Gypsy. I hope to post the finished project tomorrow or Wednesday evening.