Hello and welcome to the Memorial Day Blog Hop! We have a great line up of bloggers for you today that are all going to share projects relating to Memorial Day. These ladies are great crafters! I hope you will join us for the hop and leave comments for everyone with your thoughts about their project.
You should have arrived her from Cindy. If you didn't and would like to start at the beginning of the hop, please visit Michele.
Now on to my project. I did a 2 page layout of my younger brother's retirement ceremony from the Air Force after serving 21 years. I sure am proud of him and he was on some scary deployments, including Afghanistan and Iraq.
The background paper is Wausau Paper Crinkles Wheat All other cardstock is Bazzill. All the diecuts are from the Stand and Salute Cricut cartridge. I cut the title, American Pride, at 11 1/2" wide, the Eagle/Star border was cut at 2 1/2" high and the Dog Tags were cut at 5" high (I cut the red dog tags on my Gypsy, used the hide/contour feature to hide the words then cut them so the red would show through on the blue dog tags). I used my Perfect Layers tool to mat all the photos. On the edges of the white cardstock of the journaling box, I used Tim Holtz' Faded Jeans Distressing Ink.
I have a little blog candy to give away. One lucky commenter will win a Making Memories Spiral Journaling Book, 2 different Making Memories Woven Corners photo corners, Colorbok Layered Flowers and Colorbok Buttons. Here is a picture (sorry it isn't better).
The winner will be drawn on Wednesday, June 1st. If I figure out how those random drawing programs work to draw a winner, I'll use that. If not, I'll have my grandson pick the winner. In your comment, please leave a way to contact you.
Thanks for hopping by! I hope you enjoyed my project.
Your next stop is Roberta.
Here is a complete blog hop list for you:
1. Michele - http://greengirlscraps.blogspot.com/
2. Laura - http://lauras--piece--of--paradise.blogspot.com/
3. Kristen - http://fantabulouslypink.blogspot.com/
4. Rexann - http://ibecircled.blogspot.com/
5. Jamie - http://www.myamusinglife.blogspot.com/
6. Dana - Paper Memories - http://irwdanataft.blogspot.com/
7. Cindy - http://www.inlovewithpaper.blogspot.com/
8. Brenda - http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/ <------You are HERE!
9. Roberta - http://www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com/ <------Go here next!
10. Renee - http://icameisawicreated.blogspot.com/